Dimensional drawing of Mitchell BNCR

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
TTT

Dimensional drawing of Mitchell BNCR

Post by TTT » Wed May 22, 2024 3:25 am

Hello,

I have been asked to make a replica Mitchell BNCR camera as part of a theatre production. Would anyone here know where I can find a technical drawing with the dimensions of this camera?

Many thanks!
TT

marop

Re: Dimensional drawing of Mitchell BNCR

Post by marop » Fri May 24, 2024 12:27 pm

Hello, I am not aware of any drawings for the BNC/BNCR. How accurate does it need to be? I own a BNCR and could give you some dimensions and pictures.

TTT

Post by TTT » Mon May 27, 2024 1:22 am

That would be very helpful, thank you. I work in millimetres generally but if you are in the USA then the nearest 1/16”. But really a rough idea is good enough for something in a stage production. I have the drawings from the patent to help with the shape.

The dimensions I most need are the overall height, width and depth of the main camera body, the lens, the lens hood, the viewfinder and the film magazine on top.

marop

Post by marop » Tue May 28, 2024 11:46 am

This is best done through email. This website is no longer maintained and may drop off anytime. Are you on facebook? If so, search for mitchellcamera no spaces as there is another group there but is no longer managed. Otherwise I will consider leaving an email here but don’t want it left on here long so I don’t get scammers.

TTT

Post by TTT » Tue May 28, 2024 10:12 pm

No I’m not on facebook. Ok yes good idea. Send me an email at ttt-scenic “at” proton “dot” me

marop

Post by marop » Wed May 29, 2024 12:13 am

Okay, I just sent an email.