Gifts for a Mitchell enthsiast

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
LacyBelle

Gifts for a Mitchell enthsiast

Post by LacyBelle » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:19 am

Hi,
My fiance loves Mitchell cameras and his Mitchell BNC is his pride and joy. I'd liKe to buy him gifts that were related to his passion but everything Mitchell seems like it is way over $10,000 (at least on eBay). Can anyone suggest Mitchell related memorabilia that is in a more affordable range?
Thanks for any suggestions!
LB

samduce151

Re: Gifts for a Mitchell enthsiast

Post by samduce151 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi, my brother is a DP and collects these cameras. I have been looking at the brochures here and I have ordered one for him so that is an idea. But if you want to be lavish, might I suggest a nice geared head like a Worrall? That would set you back about 2,000 for a cheap one. Yikes! But nice of you to want to gift them a Mitchell item, I think you are on the right track.

tomd@yahoo.com

Post by tomd@yahoo.com » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Here is my great gift idea (just told my wife about it). Check ebay or cinemagear.com for a mitchell 1,000 foot film mag with one side made into a clock! Just great for that mantel piece.

~ Tom

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 am

I bought one of this from cinemagear and it sits on my fireplace mantel. I absolutely love it. If you are looking for something for a Mitchell fan, this is well under the $5,00 price tag you keep seeing on eBay Ms. Laceybelle

<giggle>

I have attached a photo so you can see what it looks like. You won't be disappointed! Jerry in Portland
Attachments
cinemagear clock.jpg
cinemagear clock.jpg (173.91 KiB) Viewed 11563 times

tomd@yahoo.com

Post by tomd@yahoo.com » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 am

How did you post that picture? That is the smaller one I think, they may also make the 1,000 magazine version but that one looks good too. Best of luck on your gift search laceybelle.

~Tom

marop

Post by marop » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Just a note here, the magazine converted to a clock shown in the picture is actually not for a Mitchell but for a Bell & Howell 2709.

Mark

tomd@yahoo.com

Post by tomd@yahoo.com » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:35 am

Mark is absolutely correct. If your husband has a Mitchell then you need the one below (I have provided a link). I will try to upload the picture as well from the cinemagear web site. Wish me luck on my first picture post.

~ Tom

http://www.cinemagear.com/1000ft_mitche ... clock.html
Attachments
mitchell 1000 foot mag clock.jpg