1939 ad from AC handbook

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
samsonwillerd

1939 ad from AC handbook

Post by samsonwillerd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Say there, love this web site and saw a post from another member who uploaded a Mitchell Rocketdyne ad.

For my 2 cents I have a copy of the 1939 American Cinematographer Hand Book and Reference Guide.

Right up front on page 4 is a Mitchell ad for the BNC camera. In my opinion this was the age when the BNC was sweeping through the studios like wildfire.

Every Director of Photography thought he had to have one.

So here is the ad if I can attach the photo correctly, I'm not that good with computers.

Samson Dienst
Attachments
1939-mictcell-ad.jpg
From the 1939 American Cinematographer Hand Book

mitchellbnc

Re: 1939 ad from AC handbook

Post by mitchellbnc » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks for posting that ad Samson, it looks great. See - you are good with computers after all! If it is not too much trouble, can you also post the cover of the hand book so the other members can see which on the ad came from? I know of several people who collect these handbooks and have a large number of them. Thanks in advance,

Theodore Wilhelm
MitchellCamera.com Administrator

samsonwillerd

Post by samsonwillerd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:15 pm

say there, of course I can. Not much to see but the cover is in good condition considering that it was published in 1939.

enjoy it.

See you around the forum,
samson
Attachments
ac-hand-book-cover.jpg
A.C. Hand Book Cover of 1939

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 am

Greetings! I know that stock Mitchell BNC picture appeared in other ads as well (I uploaded an example) but the one that ran in one of the inside covers of the AC Handbook was the nicest! Thank for posting it (I like the leather cover photo too)

Ed
Attachments
bell and howell ltd ad.jpg