Mitchell Camera Magazine Ads

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
justinwizard

Re: Mitchell Camera Magazine Ads

Post by justinwizard » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi Charlie. More excellent ads that you dug up and talk about jumbo sized - there they are! I wanted to zoom in on one in particular and not only could I enlarge them but one click of the mouse made it huge. This is a screen shot of just part of one of the DuPont ads. Way to go!

Be well,
Justin
Attachments
mitchell-blow-up.jpg

Cinemachinery

Post by Cinemachinery » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Followthefocus1, Randy and Justin,

Thank You for the kind words! I'm glad you appreciate the DuPont ads.

Followthe focus1, are you a working Assistant Cameraman?

Randy, I found the ads in American Cinematographer magazines covering a span of years from 11/1957 through 11/1961. There were other DuPont ads, but they didn't have any Mitchells in them. Earlier this summer I was researching the history on another piece of film equipment. I remembered I had this collection of A.C. magazines, so I started going through them starting with the 12/1956 issue through the early 1970s. While looking for info, ads and articles for the other equipment, I saw all these wonderful ads and articles for Mitchell cameras. When I found this site, I quickly went through them again, this time scanning Mitchell related stuff.

Justin, I finally figured out how to attach large files on the posts. Duh. (Thanks Admin!) I scan them at 300 dpi on a Cannon flatbed scanner.

I've attached another Baltar Lens ad from 10/1960. Once again they mention their relationship with Mitchell cameras.

Charlie
Attachments
60-10 Mitchell 0001.jpg

followthefocus1

Post by followthefocus1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:29 am

Hello Charlie and to answer your question, no I am not a cameraman. My online name has to do with my present occupation which requires adjusting focus but not in the motion picture industry. But obviously I have a love for these cameras and always wanted to make pictures. You help let me live that dream by all that greats posts and pictures that you share.

Respectfully,
Followthefocus1

Cinemachinery

Post by Cinemachinery » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:57 am

A couple more ads with Mitchells in them.....
Attachments
63-4 Mitchell DuPont Film 0001.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
58-5 Mitchell Union Carbide 0001.jpg

Cinemachinery

Post by Cinemachinery » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:27 am

2 more DuPont ads with Mitchell cameras in the ads. Then a Mitchell ad for the BNC.
Attachments
64-8   Mitchell DuPont 01.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
65-7   Mitchell DuPont 01.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
64-3  Mitchell ad A.C. 01.jpg