Prop Maker in India produces excellent Michell NCs

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
mitchellbnc

Prop Maker in India produces excellent Michell NCs

Post by mitchellbnc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:08 am

Suresh Selvarajan is a talented Art Director in India. He is also a very talented prop maker. Recently he had a need to create several prop production movie camera for a locally produce Hindi movie called "Om Shanto Om." He basically crafts them out of wood and they look very realistic to me! I have included a link to his website and posted some picture of his wonderful creations. He does a nice job on a wooden Arri as well.

http://www.sureshselvarajan.com
Attachments
mitchell dummy prop 4.jpg
mitchell dummy prop 1.jpg
mitchell dummy prop 3.jpg
mitchell dummy prop 2.jpg

mitchellbnc

Re: Prop Maker in India produces excellent Michell NCs

Post by mitchellbnc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Hello members. Suresh Selvarajan has uploaded this YouTube video that documents how he created the Mitchell NC in wood for the production of the Hindie movie: Om Shanti Om. He calls it a "Mitchell Dummy." I sent Suresh an email asking if he would be willing to reproduce his creations for those of us that can't afford a working Mitchell NC. Time will tell if he stops by here and relies to my email as I have invited him to be a member of the forum. He might be too busy making actual movies!

Theodore Wilhelm
MitchellCamera.com administrator