Looking for 70mm parts: FC lenses, matte box, finder, peanut motor

~
You are welcomed to post your Mitchell Cameras for sale in this forum. There is no charge for this service. Please let us know when your item has sold so we can keep our database current. We also feature eBay items here to serve as a historical price record and photo documentation resource. Also, You can upload pictures yourself at the bottom of each posting
~
Cinevision

Looking for 70mm parts: FC lenses, matte box, finder, peanut motor

Post by Cinevision » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello members,

I am looking for Mitchell FC (Fox Grandeur Widescreen Camera) parts and accessories for a restoration. The closer to 1930 vintage, the better.

Lenses: I am in need of FC (Fox Camera) Lenses such as the Bausch & Lomb Baltars (the mounts are just like a Mitchell standard mount, but larger to cover 70mm film, and have about 1-7/8" center to center on the 4 mounting screws).

Widescreen viewfinder

Early Peanut Motor (single speed, not HS and not VS)

Widescreen matte box

1920's/30's Mitchell tripod and friction mount

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

mediaed

Re: Looking for 70mm parts: FC lenses, matte box, finder, peanut motor

Post by mediaed » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:34 am

Ken Stone is your best bet if you haven't talked to him yet. Are you after looks or actual functionality? ED.

marop

Post by marop » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:49 am

Another source to try is Cinema Gear, Richard Bennett in Southern California. What is the serial number is your camera?

Mark

Robbie Klein

Post by Robbie Klein » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 pm

I have the viewfinder box attached to the door. Missing the front eye piece and assembly.