16mm CM72A

~
You are welcomed to post your Mitchell Cameras for sale in this forum. There is no charge for this service. Please let us know when your item has sold so we can keep our database current. We also feature eBay items here to serve as a historical price record and photo documentation resource. Also, You can upload pictures yourself at the bottom of each posting
~
someonelse

16mm CM72A

Post by someonelse » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:01 am

Hi,
I have this 16mm sound-on-film camera, model CM72A.
Can someone tell me the worth of it? and where can i sell it?
Pictures attached.
Thanks

mediaed

Re: 16mm CM72A

Post by mediaed » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 am

This looks to be an Auricon conversion camera. The original CM models were for 100' loads circa 1957. In the mid 60's, some were modified to take a 400' load with the addition of the very common Mitchell mags. (Why reinvent something so readily available?) These were mostly for TV news and documentary work. This is a fairly complete setup missing the normally fitted self-reflexed Angeneuix 12-120 lens. The mix/amplifier used a very specific NiCad battery that is impossible to replace but will run off the charger. As a collector's item, missing the lens is a deficit but having the accessories may be of interest to someone. Have seen camera with mag alone go for $360+ in the past on E-Bay, so maybe a good start price in auction mode. Hope this helps. ED.

lilybettina1

Post by lilybettina1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:57 am

Also referred to as Crop Tops. The Auricon company refused to adapt their product so it was left to outfits like Frezzolini to take up the slack.

someonelse

Post by someonelse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:37 am

Thanks friends!
Very helpful! :)