Mitchell Hi-Hat No.850 | Model THA-I-B

~
You are welcomed to post your Mitchell Cameras for sale in this forum. There is no charge for this service. Please let us know when your item has sold so we can keep our database current. We also feature eBay items here to serve as a historical price record and photo documentation resource. Also, You can upload pictures yourself at the bottom of each posting
~
lolomonstro

Mitchell Hi-Hat No.850 | Model THA-I-B

Post by lolomonstro » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Hey guys, I'm trying to nail down a value for a hi-hat that I acquired a while back and I'm not having much luck.
I'm wondering if it's more valuable as a piece of film memorabilia or something I should sell as just an old piece of gear.

No. 850, Model No. THA-I-B is engraved on the plate

Any help would be great :)

Thanks
LL

mediaed

Re: Mitchell Hi-Hat No.850 | Model THA-I-B

Post by mediaed » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Nice collector's piece. The badge is always a plus. Unfortunately the market is very slim these days. To display a prized camera you still beed a period head to mount on it which cuts down the applications.
As a working piece, most new film/video people rarely use or know what a highhat is. Handheld cameras and sand/beanbags have taken the place of more formal supports that were needed for 75+lb cameras.
From what I have watched over the years, best guess on pricing would be somewhere between $140-250.
Hope that helps. ED.

mediaed

Re: Mitchell Hi-Hat No.850 | Model THA-I-B

Post by mediaed » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am

See you have placed it on fleabay for $500 or make offer. Will be watching. Good selling! ED.