lenses

~
You are welcomed to post your Mitchell Cameras for sale in this forum. There is no charge for this service. Please let us know when your item has sold so we can keep our database current. We also feature eBay items here to serve as a historical price record and photo documentation resource. Also, You can upload pictures yourself at the bottom of each posting
~
lilybettia

lenses

Post by lilybettia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:41 am

Bit of an optimistic hope (although members have really helped me out so far). I'm looking to buy Mitchell Standard or NC lens mounts. Not too bothered if there is glass in them or not. I know stuff like that can be expensive, but I have an early Standard and it's just about complete. I have already one original lens so off to good start. Also I'm missing the camera's flywheel. I suppose in the end I could get a metal basher to knock something up. Might be cheaper too, but I'm not really into 'cheap' when it comes to Mitchell cameras.
Attachments
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG (70.68 KiB) Viewed 19862 times

mediaed

Re: lenses

Post by mediaed » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:45 am

These are hard to find. The story goes, a few years ago, the Chinese discovered these old lenses -- the cells, easy and cheap to put into new mounts for modern cameras. The mounts and barrels in large quantities were tossed and probably melted down to become lawn furniture parts or some such.

As hard as these are to find, of course, each focal length lens also has its own specific mount because of the need for different pitch of the focus threads. One size does not fit all. The one in your picture appears to be for a wide angle lens. The focal length should be marked on the outside-- usually near the tightening screw. ED.

lilybettina1

Post by lilybettina1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:09 am

I was offered once from a Chinese buyer $6000 for an old Dallmeyer 1950s tv camera prime lens. (I didn't sell). Like you said the mount was going to be discarded and the glass fitted onto a Nikon or such like. Criminal. At the moment on Ebay there is a US seller offering several Dallmeyer Vidiac tv camera lenses. Current bid prices are as one might expect. My one Mitchell lens is a 40mm Bausch & Lomb Raytar. This came with my WAll 35mm camera.

Lester Dunton

Post by Lester Dunton » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:54 am

I have some, can you send a picture?

lilybettina 1

Post by lilybettina 1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Thanks Lester. I require any Baltars or like types to fit the Standard Mitchell Turret. I'm in the UK so I could collect any items you may have. The picture is my Standard with x3 fake lenses. The lens nearest the viewfinder is my one real lens
Attachments
DSC_0024 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0024 - Copy.JPG (153.18 KiB) Viewed 19807 times

marop

Post by marop » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:12 pm

lilybettia, nice looking camera. Keep looking on eBay and they do turn up. Try an ongoing search for Baltar and look through the new listings. What is the serial numbe of your camera? Are you familiar with the particulars of your camera? I ask as I see ther are the knobs for the floating iris and matte. This are very nice features that are often removed. Also is the matte wheel still present? Are you aware that there are parts of th camera that have serial numbers? Richard Bennett of the Cinema Gear and Ken Stone of Stone Cinema Engineering (both is Southern California) may have parts for your cameras and maybe lenses.

Mark